Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The mosque

I love taking pictures in black in white. Somehow creates a mood that is so calm and beautiful.


I went to the SOAS mosque a couple of Fridays ago for Friday prayers. I noticed that more than half of the congregation don't wear the Baju Melayu anymore. Such a pity. Back in the old days, we used to take the time to dress up for friday prayers, with our sinjang and our baju melayu. Friday prayers is special. But then i guess nowadays its more practical to wear your normal clothes to the mosque. Convenient and practical. Straight from work. As long as its clean.

I did however see one person wear an old Liverpool jersey with the beer logo on it...hmmmm

2 comments:

Hearts & Bones said...

Hey nikonguy! Nice shot. I just love the soas mosque esp the columns in the ablution area, you can get some amazing shots there.

Anonymous said...

HnB, yes you're right. i spent some 15 minutes there clicking away before some old guy shooed me away.. Mybe its my t-shirt...