Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Michelin Man

Kenal ni si awang ani? Most of us this side of Brunei see him (her?) almost every day. This big jolly fellow waving to everyone passing by. My anak calls him a ghost, that was after travelling with him one late night a few months back. Banar jua kali tu...kanak-kanak. My anak ani is even scared of the Jolibee mascot. huh!

If anyone was to ask me for a list of 50 most recognisable features of Brunei, I would put him in that list. You agree kan?


I see that the number of adverts and roadside banners are growing in Brunei. Every major junction in Bandar now has some kind of advertisement or other. Maybe thats a good sign, that businesses now recognise the value of adverts AND has spare cash to put them up. Good for us consumers too. Ganya kadang kala samak bah bandar atu.

No comments: